I’d say that I got 75% of the Dallisgrass out over the last week. I’ve gotten it to the point where I can’t tell what’s other grass and what’s new/baby DG without getting on my hands and knees and inspecting every blade. I’ve gotten everything that was 4′ tall and had seed heads tho. So for identification purposes, here’s what the seed heads look like.
As you can see, it’s left the Pocket Prairie looking a little ragged. I went ahead and watered it pretty good to help settle everything back in and I’m starting to see things perk up. Hopefully the extra light and water the plants can get now will help them be stronger. Some of the plants were a little spindley.
And just for good measure, pictures so you can see how it grows in clumps and gets really dense. It’s got the crowd out game down pat. This makes it easier to find and attack in the midst of other 3′ & 4′ tall grasses.
The Pocket Prairie, minus a bunch of junky grass: